Brickell World Plaza
Edwards & Zuck is proud to broaden its engineering expertise to vibrant Miami, Florida. E&Z brings a high level of engineering expertise to this project through our innovative design approaches for our corporate clients. Our team offers the ownership experience with their knowledge of the local code requirements and a proven track record for obtaining a LEEDTM Platinum pre-certified rating for this Class A office building. The building will be one of only three LEED Platinum-Certified high-rise buildings on the eastern seaboard, and one of only 13 of its size in the world.
Sustainability highlights: The Platinum rating will achieve energy costs savings of 14% as compared with an ASHRAE 90.1-2004 code compliant building. The building collects all rainfall and condensate from the cooling towers in a 10,000-gallon tank, and it reuses the water primarily for irrigation and makeup water for the fountains. Any excess water is pumped directly into the local aquifer. Total building energy use is monitored through a Building Automation System and adjusts to maximize efficiency. CO2 sensors and modulating dampers adjust ventilation levels resulting in heating, air conditioning and water utilities savings, totaling an estimated 18% reduction in energy costs. Daylight harvesting within 15 ft of the perimeter equipped with sensors to keep the light at an optimum and adjust to weather and time of day.
Project Type: New Building, Commercial Office Building, Retail, Parking Garage, & Plaza Pavilions, Hospitality, Conference Facility
Client: 600 Brickell LLC/Foram Group
Architect: RTKL Associates Washington, SOM, NY
Size: 2,500,000 Square Feet
- 614,000sf of office space
- Ground floor retail
- Multibay truck loading dock ramp
- Above and below ground parking
- Enhanced BMS & monitoring control systems
- Enhanced ventilation & filtration system
- Enhanced lighting control systems
- High efficiency chilled water plant
Add'l Sustainable Highlights:
- Motion censored lighting
- Dual Flush Plumbing fixtures/Ultra low flush fixtures, and waterless urinals.
- Uses 30% less water use than an average office building
- LEEDTM Platinum Pre-certified Rating
- Windows impact rated at 334 miles per hour
- Received exemplary performance in LEED credits: energy and atmosphere and green housekeeping